Extra Long Flagship Safety Razor
ALBATROSS BUTTERFLY XL RAZOR IS BUILT WITH THE SAME DURABLE COMPONENTS AS ALBATROS REGULAR BUTTERFLY, BUT WE’VE MADE THE HANDLE LONGER!
At 4.5” in length, the Butterfly XL gives you more grip for your shave. Why a longer handle? Simply put, it’s a matter of preference.
Comes with 10 replacement blades and an envelope. Collect used blades in the envelope and return to New Way Refillery or ship directly to Albatross to recycle the blades.
How to load a blade in a butterfly style razor:
- Twist the bottom of the shaver handle to open the wings of the blade holder.
- Simply place a blade (be careful – it’s sharp!) on the platform and twist the bottom in the opposite direction to tighten the blade holder wings over the blade.
- You’re ready to shave!
How to shave:
- Wet hair with warm water.
- Lather shaving cream onto skin (A brush will help create a better lather and to lift the hair).
- Hold the blade at a 30 degree angle and let the weight of the handle do the work. Do NOT pull the razor across your skin like you would with a plastic disposable razor.
- Use short strokes, about 2 inches long, especially when you first switch to using a safety razor.
- Finish with after shave ointment or lotion.
How to take care of your razor:
- Rinse all the soap/ hair/ gunk from your razor after each use.
- Shake your razor to dry it. Using a towel to dry will make your blades duller.
- Ensure your razor is stored in a dry spot to increase the life of your blades.
- If you notice any corrosion, rub that spot vigorously with a terry cloth towel, or a small piece of emery cloth.
- Ensure your razor is clean and dry to make it last longer!
Out of stock